5 Easy To Cook International Recipes You Must Try At Home
(This article has affiliate links to products which we may make commission from at no extra cost to you.)
Some easy to cook international recipes you would fall in love with. Bon Appétit!
Food is a very important part of our journeys while we are traveling. Trying out variety of tastes, flavors, traditional dishes and meals is undeniably what we look forward to in new cities. Until traveling becomes foreseeable, lets bring the world to our kitchens. So, put on your aprons and let us take you to a delicious food journey through some international recipes. We have compiled some easy recipes to fuel your wanderlust at home. Scroll down to check out these easy to cook delicious dishes you could prepare for meals in your own kitchen.
Easy To Cook International Recipes
Potato Rosti, Switzerland
Potato Rosti can be described as a cross between potato pancakes and hash browns. This very versatile dish can be served with a variety of sides such as mixed vegetables, sausages, meat, cheese, poached eggs or salad . Potato Rosti can be prepared for a very filling breakfast. brunch or lunch.
Servings : 4
- 4 medium Potatoes (Peeled)
- 1 finely diced onion
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional for seasoning)
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Use the large hole side of the grater to grate the peeled raw potatoes.
- Once you are done with grating the potatoes, squeeze out the access liquid from the potatoes using a clean tea towel.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add in the diced onions, salt, black pepper and 2 tbsp of butter. Mix well.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and olive oil over a medium flame in a non stick pan.
- Add about a handful of the potatoes mixture on to the pan. Cook the potatoes mixture while stirring it gently. This would take about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Pat the potatoes to form a round pancake using a flat spatula. Cover and cook the potatoes on a low flame for 10 minutes or until the bottom of the potatoes turn golden brown.
- Flip carefully and cook the potato cake from the other side similarly. Do not cover the pan while cooking the other side. This ensures that the rosti gets crispy. You may add more butter on the sides if needed for cooking.
- Transfer the cooked potato rosti on a tray covered with absorbent paper. 6. Top the rosti with the choice of your toppings (steamed vegetables, bacon, egg, sausage, cheese or sour cream).
Your Swiss potato rosti is ready to eat.
Fun Fact : Potato Rosti is considered to be a national dish by many Swiss people.
Paella is Spain’s most famous dish. This dish contains small grained rice cooked with seafood, meat or vegetables. Saffron, that gives Paella a wonderful golden color is a main ingredient of this dish. Paella is a simple dish loaded with flavors and can be served as a whole meal for a good lunch or dinner. Here we are sharing a vegetarian version of Paella which we are sure, everyone will love. This is one of our all time favorite international recipes.
Servings : 4
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (peas, green beans, artichokes)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes (diced)
- 4 saffron strands (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- olive oil for cooking
- Heat olive oil on a large pan (a large pot would also work). Saute onion, carrots and bell peppers until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Now, add red pepper, mixed vegetables and tomatoes. Cook the vegetables for about 10 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat the rice well with the spices and vegetables.
- Pour the stalk and saffron mix over the rice. Add salt and stir well.
- Once a boil comes, simmer the heat and allow it to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover the Paella for 10 minutes to allow it to rest.
- Add in some toppings such as nuts, olives, lemon, herbs, boiled chickpeas or any other toppings of your choice.
Your Spanish Paella is ready to be served.
Burritos are very delicious tortilla wraps filled with rice, refried beans, vegetables, cheese and sauces (guacamole, hot sauce, and sour cream). You could also add in some meat, eggs or tofu. With lots of flavors and savory fillings, Burritos can be served as a meal for a wonderful lunch or dinner.
Here’s our quick and easy recipe to prepare a wholesome burrito.
Servings : 6 – 8 Burritos
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can black beans or boiled black beans (3 ounces per burrito)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium sized tomato (pureed)
- 1 medium sized tomato (diced)
- 2 mashed avocados
- 1 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- pepper powder (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tortilla wraps
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan at medium low flame. Saute 1 onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the green chilies, cumin powder, salt, tomato puree and hot sauce. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the black beans and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mash this black beans mix lightly using a potato masher.
Combine mashed avocados, diced tomatoes, finely chopped onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice, some salt and pepper powder to taste. Your Guacamole spread is ready to go into the burritos.
Wrapping up the Burritos
- Place a warmed tortilla wrap on a clean surface. Pile the rice, the beans, 1 tbsp guacamole, 1 tbsp sour cream and the grated cheese. You can use some additional toppings of your choice such as olives, spring onions or salsa.
- Fold the two opposite ends of the tortilla over the stuffing. With the stuffing on the tortilla parallel to you, roll the tortilla from one open end over the 2 folded sides. Wrap it tightly.
- Wrap the remaining burritos and serve hot.
Pasta Carbonara, Italy
Pasta Carbonara is the easiest pasta dish you would ever make. This pasta recipe is loaded with parmesan cheese. The traditional version of pasta carbonara is prepared with pork meat or bacon. We would be replacing the meat part with some stir fried mushrooms in the recipe. You can add in more vegetables such as broccoli and zucchini.
Servings : 4
- 1 packet of Spaghetti
- 2 cups of thinly sliced mushrooms
- 100 gms parmesan styled cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to make Pasta Carbonara
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain the spaghetti, reserving some of the cooking water.
- put the egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add half of the grated cheese, and mix with a fork to form a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the mushrooms to the oil and fry until they turn golden and soft.
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Toss the spaghetti in the pan with the mushrooms.
- Pour in the egg and cheese sauce, 3 tbsp water, salt to taste, fresh parsley, pepper and lemon juice. Give the spaghetti a quick toss and remove from the heat. The idea is to cook the egg with the heat of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated Parmesan cheese. Season to taste and serve it right away.
Falafel, Middle East
Falafel is a traditional middle eastern delicacy that you would love to savor on any day. It is served with hummus, tahini dip, pita bread and salad. You could also try replacing the pita bread with lettuce wraps, tortilla wraps, or simply eat the falafel balls with the dips (you could also try it having with mint yoghurt, greek sauce, mayonnaise or any dip of your choice). Falafel is undoubtedly one of the best international recipes.
Here is an easy and quick recipe for Falafel.
Servings : 10 – 12 falafel balls
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz.) / 1 cup of overnight soaked chickpeas
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- Pepper powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Falafel
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, garlic, coriander, onion, parsley, cumin, pepper, salt, lemon juice and all purpose flour.
- Blend coarsely without adding any water. As an alternative to food processor, you can mash all the ingredients well in a mixing bowl. Let the mixture rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Wet your hands so that the falafel balls do not stick to your hand. Form falafel balls from the mixture.
- Deep fry the falafel balls until they turn golden brown and then transfer the falafel to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve falafel by itself, or with hot pita bread with veggies, tahini sauce, hummus or sauce of your choice.
Here you have our favorite international recipes from around the world. Try out these savory dishes at home and we are hopeful that you would enjoy them. Also let us know your favorite dishes from around the world that you may have enjoyed eating while traveling in the comments section below.
2 thoughts on “5 Easy To Cook International Recipes You Must Try At Home”
Pingback: Treasures of Cambodia - Visiting Tonle Sap Lake - Cheerful Trails
Pingback: 12 Popular Foods In California You Must Try - Cheerful Trails