This article has affiliate links to products which we may make commission from at no extra cost to you.
One cannot miss out taking a tour of the cities that form the famous Golden Triangle of India. Let’s get to know more about these cities.
India’s Golden Triangle circuit consists of its three enchanting cities namely Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra. A lot of tourists are drawn to the romantic city of Agra, culturally delighting Delhi and the royal city of Jaipur. If you look closely at the map of India, then you will be able to draw an imaginary triangle connecting these three cities. Hence the name Golden Triangle.
Let’s have a closer look at all the three components of this Golden Triangle.
Delhi is one of the most charming places in the world. The iconic city has preserved its unique cultural heritage and is a sheer delight for the holidaymaker. The national capital of the country thrives with a large number of tourists throughout the year. Delhi boasts of historical monuments, man-made marvels, and cultural heritage.
Must Visit Places In Delhi
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site, The Humayun’s tomb.
- Get the glimpses of Mughal architecture at the Red Fort.
- Visit the tallest brick minaret in the world, the Qutub Minar.
- Feel the valor of soldiers at the India Gate.
- Let the splendor of the Lotus Temple mesmerize you.
- Delve into the spirituality at the Jama masjid.
- Enjoy the humongous Rashtrapati Bhavan, one of the most extraordinary sites built by the British.
- Visit the Waste to Wonder Park, which is a park containing replicas of the Seven Wonders of the World created from waste.
Top Shopping Places In Delhi
- Chandni Chowk is a 17th-century market constructed by Shah Jahan.
- Shop for some Tibetan handicrafts at the Janpath market.
- Visit Dilli Haat for some authentic Indian handicrafts.
- The deals at the Lajpat Nagar market will blow your mind away.
- Gadget freaks can visit the Karol Bagh Market which is also a good place to find deals on traditional and ethnic clothes.
- Khan market is the place to go if you are interested in buying some luxury brands.
- Latest fashion trends can be found on the Greater Kailash N- block market.
- Get a bargain at the Paharganj wholesale goods Market.
Things Not To Do In Delhi
- Delhi is famous for its spicy Street food, so it’s better to keep a check on those hunger pangs if you want to keep your stomach healthy.
- Delhi bars close at 12:30 A.M. so get your booze at the hotel if you plan to party all night.
- Drink only bottled water, especially if you are a foreign tourist.
Best Time To Visit Delhi
Visit Delhi during October- November, and February-March period. As these are the best months if you want to avoid facing the harsh winters and sweltering hot summers of Delhi.
Famous for the Taj Mahal, Agra was founded by Sikandar Lodhi, Sultan of the Delhi sultanate. But it was the Mughals who developed the city and made it famous. Agra, situated on the banks of River Yamuna is a paradise for the history buffs.
Must Visit Places In Agra
- Visit the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World which is also considered as the epitome of human love.
- The architecturally important buildings of Fatehpur Sikri, a deserted town located near Agra will unravel their mysteries in front of you.
- Visit the famous Red sandstone fort, the Agra Fort which is also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit the famous Itmad-Ud-Daulah tomb, which is considered as the baby Taj.
- Visit the tomb of Akbar the Great, one of the greatest rulers of India.
- Have a be-dazzling view of the Taj Mahal from just across the river at the Mehtab Bagh.
Top Shopping Places In Agra
- Shop to your heart’s content at the Sadar bazar which is one of the most famous shopping markets of Agra. You can shop for a wide variety of items which include garments, leather bags, sweets and handicrafts at Sadar bazar.
- Shop for silk and silk products at the Subhash bazar which is known all over the area for its variety and quality in silk products.
- Spend some time in one of the oldest bazaars of Agra, the Kinari bazar which is famous for marble and glassware items.
- Shop for ladies’ bags, furniture, and clothes along with some quality shoes at the Shahganj bazar.
Things Not To Do In Agra
Avoid paying exorbitant fees to the guides at the Taj Mahal.
Best Time To Visit Agra
You can visit Agra from November to March. The weather is temperate here and you will save yourself from the hot summer sun as well as the chilly wintery nights of Agra during this season.
A spectacular fort, beautifully landscaped gardens and rich history, this what Jaipur is all about. The Pink City of India is a favorite travel destination for travelers in search of wonderful royal buildings. This city is a perfect amalgamation of modernization with contemporary. Jaipur has been ruled by many kingdoms over the centuries and this is a paradise for the architecture enthusiasts.
Know more Places to Visit in Rajasthan
Must Visit Places In Jaipur
- Visit the iconic building of Jaipur, the Hawa Mahal which is a one-of-a-kind five-storied building having more than 900 windows.
- View the exquisite taste of Rajput rulers at the Amber fort and take an elephant ride up to the main gate of the fort.
- Go on a stargazing expedition at Jantar Mantar, which is the largest stone planet observatory in the world.
- View the grand tour of Rajputana at the Albert hall museum which contains many e articles like paintings, stone sculptures, metal sculptures, weaponry, and crystal art pieces.
- Spend some quality time with your loved ones at the Jal Mahal, a palace located in the center of Sagar Lake.
- Descend on the exquisitely carved steps of Chand Baori step well.
- Experience some fine quality Rajasthani handicraft at the Anokhi Museum of hand printing.
Top Shopping Places In Jaipur
- Go on a jewelry hunting spree at the Johari bazar where some of the finest goldsmiths of India have their shops.
- Visit the Chandpole bazar which is famous for its exquisite collection of handicrafts.
- Want some original Rajasthani Bandhini? Then go straight to the Kishanpol bazar.
Things Not To Do In Jaipur
Never pay the same price which the shopkeeper demands, always bargain in Jaipur.
Best Time To Visit Jaipur
Mid-November to February is the best time to visit Jaipur, as this is winter in Rajasthan. The city of Jaipur is notoriously infamous for its scorching heat.
More On Cheerful Trails
- Best Islands In India You Must Definitely Visit
- Incredibly Stunning Hill Stations In India
- 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations in India You Should Take Your Partner To
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Indian Culture
Save it on Pinterest for reference.